MRS Hinch fans are going crazy over a cheap hack to keep moths out of your home and wardrobe – and it costs less than 50p.
Moths, though not harmful to humans, can be a real nightmare to deal with, especially as they munch their way through your favourite garments.
Luckily, fans of the cleanfluencer, Mrs Hinch, have taken it to social media to share their favourite remedy – and all you need is a 46p ingredient, The Express reported.
Mrs Hinch, whose real name is Sophie Hinchliffe, 32, has long been a favourite amongst fellow cleaning enthusiasts, with 4.5 million followers on Instagram.
The star rose to fame a few years ago with various home hacks and now her fans have even started dedicated cleaning pages on social media.
In one such group, Mrs Hinch Cleaning tips and tricks on Facebook, a member sought advice: “What can I use to get rid of moths?”
read more home stories
I’m a cleaning pro – the fast way to clean blinds with items you already own
I’m an interior design pro – this store makes your home look tacky & cheap
Fortunately, if you've found yourself in a similar situation, fellow cleaning enthusiasts claimed that all you need is cedar wood or cedar wood oil.
It is believed that moth don’t like the scent of cedar oil so won’t lay their eggs where they can smell it.
“Hence the cedar wood hangers and balls you can get.”
Sharing her advice, Nicky Bailey said: “Cedar wood and also lavender.”
Most read in Fabulous
My £10K perfect Turkey teeth makeover went wrong & I now look like a gran
I'm a catfish, men say I’m ugly without makeup but are amazed when I'm dolled up
Mum left stunned as she learns what the point on a ketchup cap is actually for
Neighbour built a fence through part of my garden – so I got ultimate revenge
Laura Grieve commented: “I bought cedar oil and it’s worked.
“It’s quite strong but I put it round the windows and doors.”
FABULOUS BINGO: Get a £20 bonus & 30 free spins when you spend £10 today
Another member of the popular group, Anne Dring, wrote: “Cedar wood. You can buy as wardrobe hangers or balls in Wilko.”
The moth repellent can be bought online at Amazon for £4.65.
Miaroma Cedarwood Pure Essential Oil is available to purchase from Holland and Barrett for £6.
Read More on The Sun
I’m trolled for showering once a week – but life’s too short to do it daily
Mystery as double yellow parking lines suddenly appear – baffling residents
Alternatively, those trying to get rid of the annoying creatures can also buy a 15-pack of cedar wood balls from H&M for £6.99 – which works out at just 46p per wooden ball.
Cedar wood clothing hangers are also available for £3.95 from eBay.
Cleaning hacks and tips
Here are some tips to help you clean your home like a pro:
- How to clean your washing machine in a few easy steps
- Keep on top of cleaning your oven regularly
- Clean your shower to ensure it's always sparkling
- How to clean your microwave using cheap household items
- Here's how to get rid of that nasty limescale in your kettle
- You're cleaning your carpet all wrong – here's how to get it spotless again in no time
- Unblock a toilet without a plunger
- Clean your fabric or leather sofa in a few easy steps
- If you haven't cleaned your mattress in ages, here's how
- Steps to cleaning your dishwasher to leave it looking brand new
- This is how to clean mirrors and windows without streaking
- Keep your toilet clean in four easy steps
- Give your TV screen a once-over
- Did you know your Venetian, Roman, vertical, or roller blinds also need cleaning?
- Deep-clean your fridge in five simple steps
Source: Read Full Article