A suspect has officially been indicted for the murder of Migos rapper Takeoff. Per ABC, 33-year-old Patrick Xavier Clark was arrested a month after Takeoff’s death in November 2022 and charged him with murder.
Houston Police Chief Troy Finner announced the news about Clark’s arrest on Dec. 2, 2022, per ABC, revealing that he had been arrested the night before in conjunction with the crime. Another man was arrested for possession of a weapon. According to ABC, Clark was allegedly one of multiple people who fired a gun during the incident that led to Takeoff’s death, but detectives believe Clark was the person who fired the shot that killed Takeoff, based on the “direction” he was seen firing on video footage. Clark has maintained his innocence.
Takeoff died on Nov. 1, 2022, at a bowling alley in Houston at the age of 28. At the December press conference, Sgt. Michael Burrow provided more details on what may have happened. “The event was a private party, there was a lucrative dice game that went on at the event, there was an argument that happened afterwards outside the bowling alley which led to the shooting,” he said. “I can tell you that Takeoff was not involved in playing the dice game, he was not involved in the argument that happened outside, he was not armed. He was an innocent bystander.”
Since his death, Takeoff has been widely mourned by the music community, receiving tributes from everyone from Cardi B to Drake. His legacy was honored further in a “Celebration of Life” event held in Atlanta on Nov. 11, 2022, which saw his Migos bandmates and family members Offset and Quavo give speeches in his memory.
“It is with broken hearts and deep sadness that we mourn the loss of our beloved brother Kirsnick Khari Ball, known to the world as Takeoff,” the artist’s record label, Quality Control, said in a statement previously provided to POPSUGAR. “Senseless violence and a stray bullet has taken another life from this world and we are devastated. Please respect his family and friends as we all continue to process this monumental loss.” His family also asked that donations be made to their new gun violence prevention organization, The Rocket Foundation, in Takeoff’s honor.
Reps for Clark could not be immediately reached, and reps for Takeoff did not immediately respond to POPSUGAR’s request for comment about the indictment.
Source: Read Full Article