Coleen Rooney and Rebekah Vardy 'due in court next week' over fallout

Coleen Rooney and Rebekah Vardy are reportedly set to come face-to-face for the first time in court next week.

According to reports, Coleen and Rebekah, who have been at loggerheads, ever since Coleen accused her former friend’s account of leaking fake stories about her to the press last year, are expected to attend a hearing in London as the libel case gets underway.

Rebekah, 38, issued court proceedings against Coleen, 34, for defamation after repeatedly denying Coleen’s claims and vowing to ‘clear her name’.

The Sun reports that several attempts to settle things outside of court have been unsuccessful, with both women set to appear in High Court next Thursday.

During the hearing, it’s reported a judge is expected to rule on what Coleen must prove in order to win the libel case made against her.

While Coleen claims Rebekah is to blame for false stories about her, that she shared on her private Instagram in an elaborate ruse, making their way into the media, Rebekah claims someone else had access to her account.


The verdict on both interpretations will be decided by a judge as the case plays out.

Coleen, who is married to footballer Wayne Rooney, and Rebekah, whose partner is footballer Jamie Vardy, fell out last year when Coleen ‘exposed’ her fellow WAG on social media.

Coleen constructed an elaborate plan to out Rebekah’s account as the one leaking stories about her, by setting up her private Instagram so that only Rebekah could see what she was posting to her story.

When the same false stories appeared in the press, Coleen publicly called out Rebekah on Instagram, with the final sentence of her statement – ‘it’s… Rebekah Vardy’s account’ – instantly going viral and the hashtag #WAGathaChristie trending on Twitter.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3ZHjyjBhSV/

Rebekah has since addressed the scandal during an appearance on Good Morning Britain, earlier this year, where she said: ‘We tried to sort things out amicably, it just didn’t work. I understand people think it’s ridiculous but what was I meant to do? I need to clear my name.’

‘I want to clear my name and I will do whatever it takes and I hope that it will be resolved soon,’ Rebekah added.

Coleen, meanwhile, had responded to Rebekah’s defamation suit by remarking that the money spent on it could be ‘put to better use’.

The star’s lawyer, Paul Lunt of Brabners, issued a statement in June that said: ‘It is disappointing that Mrs Vardy has chosen to issue court proceedings.

‘Coleen feels that the time and money involved could be put to better use; her offer to meet face to face still stands.’

It continued: ‘Mrs Vardy’s decision to issue court proceedings does at least mean that Coleen’s evidence can be made public when the time is right.’

Metro.co.uk has reached out to Coleen’s rep for comment. When contacted by Metro.co.uk, a rep for Rebekah declined to comment.

MORE : Great British Bake Off 2020: Fans rage over ‘impossible’ technical challenge

MORE : Tom Felton welcomes Rupert Grint to Instagram as Harry Potter star reaches 1m followers with baby photo

Source: Read Full Article