Matthew Wolfenden and Isabel Hodgins may not return to Emmerdale screens until 2022

Emmerdale stars Matthew Wolfenden and Isabel Hodgins "may not return to screens until 2022" following reported on-set row that the two were said to be involved in.

It was claimed earlier this month that Matthew, 41, and Isabel, 27, who play David Metcalfe and Victoria Sugden, wereallegedly caught in a "very heated" argument while filming for Super Soap Week.

The matter was said to have been investigated while the actors took some time out but no further action was taken.

And the two soaps stars, as well as Matthew's wife Charley, appeared to dismiss the reports as they recently posted friendly snaps to Instagram.

Now, a source has told The Sun that the pair “may not return to Emmerdale screens until 2022”.

To get all the latest gossip from Emmerdale, sign up for OK!'s daily newsletter here.

The source said: “It is very unlikely that Matthew and Isabel will be back on screen before Christmas.

"They have only just returned to the set, and as Emmerdale is filmed six weeks in advance, that puts their return date in January.”

The source went on: “It was a disappointment for the bosses and scriptwriters, who were planning for them to be a major part of Emmerdale’s Christmas storylines next month.

“But they of course understood that the appropriate enquiries needed to be made.”

Representatives for Matthew and Isabel declined to comment when approached by OK!.

The Emmerdale actors have not appeared on screen since the end of October and their characters’ absence was explained on the show on Thursday where they were said to be visiting former character Diane Sugden in her new home in Portugal.

The on-set row between the co-stars is said to have erupted as the actors filmed the dramatic waterfall scenes at Tees Barrage water park in Stockton-on-Tees.

A source said of the incident: "It left a lot of those present at the filming feeling uncomfortable. It was a very heated situation. Tempers were running very high. It was tense and bosses got to hear about what had gone on very quickly.

"While they were on set a comment was made which unintentionally caused offence, and an argument broke out among some of the cast members. This was a massive deal for all of them and obviously everyone was under pressure to make scenes work.


"Emmerdale take these kinds of allegations very seriously, and Matthew and Isabel did not film scenes while inquiries were made. It was not a decision they took lightly, as it had huge consequences for the team as they are massive characters. But the bosses felt it was a necessary step to take.

"They investigated the matter fully and are now satisfied that no further action is necessary. The actors are really professional."

Source: Read Full Article