Prince Harry "doesn't care" about not receiving an invitation to his father King Charles' birthday celebrations, a royal commentator has claimed.
The Duke of Sussex, 39, and his wife Meghan Markle, 42, have not made the guest list for His Majesty's upcoming 75th birthday gathering at Clarence House, despite other Royals such as the Prince and Princess of Wales being invited.
A spokesperson confirmed the Sussexes had not been invited in a rare public statement, claiming there had been "no contact regarding an invitation".
Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams has now said he believes Harry isn't bothered about the snub, as his alleged rift with his father "runs too deep".
Richard told Daily Express US: "I really don’t think Harry cares about not being invited to his father’s 75th. The rift runs deep. The Sussexes reportedly still want an apology from the Royal family. What the future holds is uncertain. It is not a pleasant prospect for King Charles to deal with."
He said said it would "take years" for Harry and the Royal Family to reconcile and hinted that the Royals do not trust the Sussexes.
"Who would trust Harry and Meghan, especially after their timing releasing the news about not hearing anything about an invite to King Charles' 75th birthday celebrations hours before the King's first speech opening Parliament as Monarch," the expert added.
There had been a bit of confusion about why Harry and Meghan won't be attending Charles' birthday celebrations. Initially, the Sunday Times reported Harry had been invited but chose not to go. However, other reports suggest they were never invited in the first place.
A spokesperson for Harry and Meghan then cleared things up, telling the Daily Mail: "There has been no contact regarding an invitation to His Majesty's upcoming birthday. It is disappointing the Sunday Times has misreported this story."
A source even told the publication that Harry and Meghan didn't know about the party until they read about it in the media. This is unusual as they would normally be included in the plans, despite their ongoing family feud.
The source shared: "In this case, they aren't and that's okay. I'm sure the Duke will find a way to reach out privately to wish His Majesty a happy birthday like he always done.
"The story in The Times as well as subsequent stories have been positioned in a way to make it look like the Duke is snubbing his father, which he is not."
Source: Read Full Article