The Flash star Logan Williams died from a fentanyl overdose aged 16, according to his mother.
The actor, best known for playing the young Barry Allen in the first two seasons of The Flash, died suddenly on 2 April.
And his mum has revealed that preliminary toxicology reports indicate her son died from a fentanyl overdose, after battling opioid addiction for three years.
Marlyse Williams told the New York Post that Logan had began using marijuana at the age of 13 and his addiction escalated to using other drugs, although she doesn’t know when he began using fentanyl.
Ms Williams said Logan ‘was in complete denial because he was so ashamed’, and she kept his addiction ‘under wraps’ from those in the entertainment industry.
In the months leading up to his death, Logan had been living in a group home, after his mother sent him to a treatment facility for one month last summer.
Sadly, just days after Logan told his mum he was going to get clean at a family dinner, the young star passed away.
Speaking about identifying his body on 3 April, Ms Williams said: ‘Seeing him like that was as gut-wrenching as hearing that he died. It was horrific. Horrific. He was cold.
‘But I have to say I feel like he was restless and he needed me to tell him it’s OK to let go and that the pain is over and he doesn’t have to hurt anymore.’
Ms Williams wants to use Logan’s death to bring awareness to the opioid epidemic, with the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention reporting that 67,367 died from opioid overdoses in 2018.
She said: ‘His death is not going to be in vain. He’s going to help a lot of people down the road.’
Following Logan’s death in April, his co-stars from The CW’s The Flash paid tribute to the up and coming star.
Grant Gustin, who played the older Barry Allen, wrote on social media: ‘Just hearing the devastating news that Logan Williams has passed away suddenly.
‘This picture was early in the filming of The Flash pilot episode back in 2014. I was so impressed by not only Logan’s talent but his professionalism on set.
‘My thoughts and prayers will be with him and his family during what is I’m sure an unimaginably difficult time for them.
‘Please keep Logan and his family in your thoughts and prayers during what has been a strange and trying time for us all. Sending love to everyone.’
Logan – who would have turned 17 on 9 April – also starred in When Calls The Heart in 2015 and 2016, and was auditioning for new roles prior to his death.
The actor’s death mirrors that of a number of high profile deaths from fentanyl in the past three years.
Lil Peep died aged 21 in November 2015 from a fentanyl and alprazolam overdose, while Mac Miller’s death aged 26 in September 2018 was attributed to an overdose of fentanyl and cocaine.
And earlier this week, Melissa Etheridge confirmed that her son Beckett, 21, died after ‘succumbing’ to an opioid addiction.
Source: Read Full Article