BARCELONA are taking on Athletic Bilbao for the Spanish Super Cup crown.
The Catalan giants were taken to penalties by Real Sociedad in the semi final, but held their nerve from 12 yards.
Bilbao meanwhile beat Real Madrid in a terrific performance thanks to a brace from Raul Garcia.
When is Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao?
- This season's Spanish Super Cup final will be held on Sunday, January 17 – TODAY.
- Kick-off at the Estadio de La Cartuja, Seville is at 8pm GMT.
- When the sides last met, Lionel Messi netted twice as Barca ran out 3-2 winners earlier this month.
What TV channel is Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao on and can I live stream it?
- Sadly this game isn't being broadcast live here in the UK.
- Follow all of the action with us right here on SunSport with our live blog, which will get underway at 6.30pm on Sunday night.
- In the United States, ESPN will be showing the game live.
What is the team news?
Lionel Messi remains a game-time decision after missing the semi-final due to a hamstring injury.
But Barca will have to do without injured quartet Philippe Coutinho, Gerard Pique, Sergi Roberto and Ansu Fati.
Unai Lopez and Peru Nolaskoain are out for Bilbao, while Yuri Berchiche is a doubt.
- Barcelona to win – 3/5
- Draw – 27/10
- Bilbao victory – 15/4
*All odds from Ladbrokes and correct at time of publication.
- Giacomo Pisa
Welcome to our live blog of the Spanish Super Cup final between Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao.
Barca will be attempting to win the trophy for the fourteenth time in their history tonight after edging past Real Sociedad on penalties on Wednesday.
Bilbao meanwhile shocked Real Madrid on Thursday evening, booking their place in the final with a 2-1 win over Los Blancos.
Ronald Koeman will be hoping to secure his first piece of silverware with the Catalan giants but will be without the services of Philippe Coutinho, Gerard Pique, Sergio Roberto and Ansu Fati.
Meanwhile Bilbao boss Marcelino is also looking to pick up his first piece of silverware, just two games into his new managerial era.
Lionel Messi missed the semi final on Wednesday with a hamstring issue, but may be back in the squad for the final tonight.
Kick off is at 8pm and team news will be coming up shortly.
Source: Read Full Article