STEP aside scruffy joggers and toothpaste-stained t-shirts: loungewear is having a moment.
With the UK and much of the world in lockdown, we’re spending more hours at home than ever, so there’s no better time to check out the best loungewear you can buy in 2020.
View this post on Instagram
Thank you to my bby @samsmith for my nomination! Staying at home right now is so important. I’m a A* student when it comes to sitting on my couch 😇 Let’s all do our bit and stop this virus spreading! We can do this together 👊🏼 #allinthistogether #istayhomefor BIG shoutout to our wonderful @nhswebsite #nhs I nominate @iamsamcoxy @lucyandlydia @bodyposipanda @meghan_trainor @annemarie @mayajama 🖤
Thank you to my bby @samsmith for my nomination! Staying at home right now is so important. I’m a A* student when it comes to sitting on my couch 😇 Let’s all do our bit and stop this virus spreading! We can do this together 👊🏼 #allinthistogether #istayhomefor BIG shoutout to our wonderful @nhswebsite #nhs I nominate @iamsamcoxy @lucyandlydia @bodyposipanda @meghan_trainor @annemarie@mayajama 🖤
A post shared byPerrie Edwards ✌️🌻 (@perrieedwards) on
The need for loungewear that not only feels super comfy but makes us feel amazing is important in times likes these. Staying in doesn’t have to mean sacrificing on style, and it’s a massive mood-booster when we dress to make ourselves feel good.
It’s no surprise though that we’re finding our usual attire just doesn’t quite work when we’re chilling indoors all day; who wants to be cooped up in stiff jeans when cosy jerseys are on offer?
Give your daywear wardrobe a run for its money by swapping trousers for sleek co-ords and blouses for the boldest sweatshirts.
If you’re in need of some head-to-toe inspiration, we’ve put seven fits together from Sweaty Betty, Lululemon, Missguided, John Lewis and Ted Baker.
Dig in and let us know your fave look in the comments below..
1. Best on-trend loungewear look: Sweaty Betty
- Serenity Culotte Jumpsuit, £95 from Sweaty Betty – buy here
- Brixton Sweatshirt, £52.00 from Sweaty Betty – buy here
- Pilates Socks, £12 from Sweaty Betty – buy here
- Brahma Padded Yoga Bra, £40 from Sweaty Betty – buy here
Who said loungewear couldn’t be on-trend? We’re absolutely loving this culotte jumpsuit from Sweaty Betty which makes such a great alternative to the traditional tracksuit bottom look we’ve come to associate with loungewear.
Crafted from a loose-fitting jersey, it’s super comfortable — especially teamed with the Brahma yoga bra which will give a cool pop of colour underneath.
A slogan sweatshirt and pilates socks tie this look together.
2. Best for loungewear staples: Missguided
- Black casual loungewear jumpsuit, £30 from Missguided – buy here
- Tall black msgd cut out sports bralet, £15 from Missguided – buy here
- White sheep slippers, £18 from Missguided – buy here
- Invisibobble prima ballerina spiral hair ring scrunchie, £5.99 from Missguided – buy here
Missguided have an extensive range of amazing loungewear staples at great prices — from leggings and joggers to hoodies, sweatshirts and all-in-ones.
Right now, we can’t think of anything more comfy than slipping into this easy-wearing jumpsuit and a pair of fluffy sheep slippers.
Layer over a sports bralet for optimum comfort (don’t even think about underwire right now), pop your hair up with a pretty-in-pink velvet scrunchie for a splash of colour — and you've got yourself one seriously chic loungewear look!
3. Best for quirky loungewear: Urban Outfitters
- UO Floral Cotton Jogger Trousers, £42 from Urban Outfitters – buy here
- UO Sacred Planes Crew Neck Sweatshirt, £42 from Urban Outfitters – buy here
- UO Lace Trim Ribbed Vest, £12 from Urban Outfitters – buy here
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Pink High Top Trainers, £55 from Urban Outfitters – buy here
Urban Outfitters is known for its quirky, vintage-inspired take on fashion so it's a great go-to for loungewear if you're looking for something a little more unique.
We're loving the floral take on the classic jogger, which looks amazing paired with a graphic sweatshirt and simple vest.
Throw on a pair of pink converse and this is a loungewear outfit that looks effortlessly stylish and put together — perfect if you need to leave the house for milk and don't want to lose your style cred!
4. Best loungewear fabric selection: Lululemon
- Back In Action Long Sleeve, £48 from Lululemon – buy here
- Ready To Rulu Pant, £98 from Lululemon – buy here
- Scuba Hoodie Light Cotton Fleece, £98 from Lululemon – buy here
Lululemon is a great brand to support, not only for its quality loungewear but its sustainability vision: it focuses on a responsible supply chain and its own environmental footprint to ensure products are always eco-friendly.
This look is a lesson in simplicity, with timeless quality pieces you’ll love forever. The Rulu joggers are crafted from a sweat-wicking fabric that is naturally breathable and has a comfortable four-way stretch.
Stone grey keeps things nice and bright and looks ultra-sweet paired with Lululemon’s signature hoodie in a light cotton fleece fabric. So soft!
Throw in a striped Breton top and this is a look that was made for lounging in style.
5. Best for comfort loungewear: John Lewis
- John Lewis & Partners Ohio Lounge Set, £39.00 from John Lewis – buy here
- Phase Eight Lilah Longline Cardigan, £48.30 from John Lewis – buy here
- John Lewis & Partners Borg Slider Slippers, £28.00 from John Lewis – buy here
Forget everything you thought about loungewear being drab: this John Lewis ensemble is light, airy and undeniable proof that grey and pale pink work well together.
We’ve gone straight in for the Ohio lounge set in grey marl which we’re predicting won’t be around for long — it looks that good!
It’s made from a soft and lightweight jersey that drapes elegantly on the body and is perfect for lounging around in.
Teamed with Phase Eight’s Lilah longline cardigan and a pair of fluffy borg slippers, this look is ultra-chic and seriously cosy.
6. Best loungewear for going bold: Missguided
- Blue oversized stripe sweater dress, £22 from Missguided – buy here
- White faux leather flatform trainers, £17.50 from Missguided – buy here
- Grey basic leggings, £10 from Missguided – buy here
We’ve said it once, we’ll say it again: loungewear doesn’t have to mean tracksuit bottoms. It’s all about getting creative with your fabrics and silhouettes!
Mooching around at home looks just as good in a dress and you can't go wrong with a slouchy, oversized silhouette like this striped cotton-blend sweater dress from Missguided.
Layer up with leggings if you’re chilly, and throw on a pair of simple flatform trainers in white when you need to pop out for supplies.
This takes lounging to an elevated place and we're here for it.
7. Best luxe loungewear co-ord: Ted Baker
- Kinalee Highland embroidered joggers, £90 from Ted Baker – buy here
- Krina Highland embroidered sweatshirt, £71 from Ted Baker – buy here
- Zerel Highland leather hi-top trainers, £87 from Ted Baker – buy here
Nothing says Spring/Summer like florals… and nothing says luxury like Ted Baker.
We’re head over heels for this beautiful co-ord which is emblazoned with a stunning floral motif, giving a real luxe feel to an otherwise classic black sweatshirt and joggers look.
The beauty of these pieces is the number of ways you can wear them — style together for the full coordinated experience, or mix and match with other items from your loungewear collection to create your own stylish off-duty looks.
A pair of hi-top trainers keeps this ensemble looking cool and relaxed, with subtle floral detailing to really complete the statement.
Enjoyed our guide for the best loungewear in 2020? Why not check out the best trainers for women in 2020?
We've also rounded up the best pyjamas for women.
And check out more from Sun Selects fashion here.
Source: Read Full Article