YOU have just days left to send parcels and letters to loved ones if they want them to arrive in time for Christmas.
Royal Mail brought forward the final delivery dates following news that thousands of postal staff would be going on strike.
People wanting to send cards and parcels to loved ones across the UK will have to make sure they get them in second class post by Monday December 12 – just days away.
It was originally the December 19.
Those willing to use first class post, which costs 25p more per letter, will have to post their gifts by Friday December 16 rather than the usual date of December 21.
The absolute last posting date before Christmas using Special Delivery Guaranteed, which costs a minimum £6.85 for a letter, is now December 21 compared to the usual December 23.
Read more in money
A Calendar of December 2022 strikes: Royal Mail, NHS, and Network Rail
Royal Mail vote to STRIKE – full list of postal delay dates
Those wanting to send parcels to Belgium, France and Luxembourg, must send their post TODAY (December 9) to avoid missing out.
Unfortunately, for international loved ones, who live in Eastern Europe, Greece and Turkey, Royal Mail said that last postal date was December 3, compared to the usual December 9.
The delays come after regulator Ofcom warned Royal Mail it could not carry on blaming the pandemic for poor service.
After investigating Royal Mail’s performance it said that it failed to meet delivery targets last year with just 82% of first class mail delivered within one day, compared to its target of 93%.
Here's what days you'll need to have sent your Christmas post by:
Most read in Money
Full list of postcodes due £25 cold weather payments as hundreds more added
Cold weather payments – who is eligible for the £25 boost and how do I apply?
Exact code to spot when DWP Christmas bonus payment lands in your bank account
Martin Lewis explains if it’s cheaper to leave the heating on all day on low
What are the last days to send post in Britain?
- Monday December 12 for 2nd class and 2nd class signed for
- Friday December 16 for 1st class, 1st class signed for, Royal mail 24 and Royal Mail Tracked 48
- Monday December 19 for Royal Mail tracked 24
- Wednesday December 21 for Special Delivery Guaranteed
- The deadline for Bulk Mail Economy has already passed
What are the last days to send internationally?
- TODAY (December 9) for international standard delivery to Belgium, France and Luxembourg
- The deadline for all other locations for international standard delivery has now passed
- TODAY (December 9) for international tracking and signature services to Czech Republic, Finland, Italy, Poland, Sweden, USA and Canada
- Saturday December 10 for international tracking and signature post to Austria, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain and Switzerland
- Monday December 12 for international tracking and signature post to Belgium, France and Luxembourg
- The deadline for all other international tracking and signature post has now passed
- The deadline for international economy has now passed
Read More on The Sun
B&M slashes Christmas decoration prices & shoppers race to clear shelves
This Morning’s Holly and Phil reveal huge show shake-up for Christmas
Source: Read Full Article