THE Bachelorette’s Clare Crawley slammed her upcoming suitor Matt James for creating a Cameo page and doing multiple press interviews before he even appears on her season.
Matt, 28, was set to appear on the 39-year-old’s season of the ABC franchise but the day before filming began, production was postponed indefinitely due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Matt – who is best friends and roommates with Bachelorette star Tyler Cameron – has already conducted a series of interviews with multiple media outlets.
He also recently created an account on the celebrity video platform Cameo – where he charges fans $19 for each personalized message.
Despite not yet being on TV, the “reality star” added he is known for being on The Bachelor on his Cameo page bio.
Clare caught wind of her contestant’s fame-grabbing antics and slammed the New Yorker for being in it for the “wrong reasons.”
She fired off on Twitter: “If you are doing interviews and creating Cameo accounts before you are even on my season…
“You are in it for the wrong reasons… #dontwasteyourtime.”
In another tweet, she warned: “Respect the opportunity you’ve been given. Respect the rules. Respect me. @BacheloretteABC.”
Nicole Lopez-Alvar – who was a contender on Colton Underwood’s season – voiced her support to the new leading lady.
She responded on Twitter: “Omg this is 100% about we know WHO and I couldn’t agree more. Get ‘em out!”
Even though he has not appeared on the series yet, Matt has racked up over 181,000 Instagram followers by frequently posting with fan-favorite Tyler.
The duo live together in New York City and run ABC Food Tours – which strives to “feed, educate and give back” to kids in low-income communities.
Tyler – who won hearts on Hannah Brown’s season – is currently quarantining at his home in Jupiter, Florida with Matt and other friends.
On March 13, Warner Bros. Television Group – which produces the show – chose to shut down production indefinitely amid coronavirus fears.
The pause in filming has given producers a chance to cast older men for the 39-year-old after receiving backlash for casting younger contestants in their 20’s.
During an Instagram Live in March, she hinted new faces may appear on the show rather than those who had already been announced last month.
"I’m not saying this personally — but I feel like since we have a break in the show right now, I don’t think it’s too late to submit people.
"So, submit them, why not? What’s the worst that could happen?” she told her followers.
Last week, Matt was still hopeful he will be one of the contestants vying to be the Sacramento hairdresser’s husband.
He told E! News: “There’s a very beautiful young lady in Sacramento right now who's quarantining and who is patiently waiting for production on a show to pick back up.
“And I've been waiting as well. And I'm hoping after everything settles down and everyone is safe that I'll finally get to meet her. I'm looking forward to it.”
Source: Read Full Article