ITV have cancelled the final episode of Viewpoint after Noel Clarke's sexual misconduct accusations.
The Kidulthood actor has been accused of a range of acts – including sharing sexually explicit pictures and videos without consent.
An ITV spokesperson said: "ITV has a zero tolerance policy to bullying, harassment and victimisation and robust procedures in place to investigate and deal with any complaints. We strongly believe that everyone deserves to work in a supportive and safe environment.
"In light of the very serious nature of the allegations against Noel Clarke raised by 20 women in the Guardian’s report, ITV has decided it is no longer appropriate to broadcast the final episode of the drama Viewpoint on ITV main channel this evening.
"We are mindful that some of our viewers have already invested four hours of their time over the past four nights in following this thriller which was due to conclude this evening, and they have yet to see the final episode.
"As such we plan to make it available on ITV Hub tonight for a limited time for any viewers who wish to seek it out, and watch its conclusion."
It comes as:
- Noel Clarke liked a tweet about 'learning from your mistakes' days before the allegations came to light
- Sky halted Bulletproof filming after the star was accused of sexual misconduct
- Noel Clarke's Kidulthood co-star Jaime Winstone told him 'time's up' as Michaela Coel backed accusers
The allegations about Noel, which have been fiercely denied by the married director, relate to a period between 2004 and 2019, the Guardian reports.
An ITV source added "Viewpoint is an ensemble production, made by the hard work of a 200 strong cast and crew.
"Neither producers Tiger Aspect or ITV have received any complaints about Noel Clarke’s behaviour during the making of this drama."
Viewpoint will be available on the ITV Hub until Sunday night.
The five-part series will not be available to watch on any ITV platform after that time.
Earlier today Sky confirmed they have "halted" work with the actor following the claims.
Clarke starred in Sky's crime drama Bulletproof, which had a fourth series commissioned in January.
The broadcaster said: "Effective immediately, we have halted Noel Clarke's involvement in any future Sky productions."
Noel Clarke's Bulletproof co-star, Ashley Walters, posted a statement on social media saying: "My thoughts are with the women who have come forward and told their awful stories, I am in shock and deeply saddened by what I have heard on a multitude of levels.
"I could never condone behaviour of this nature neither in nor out of the workplace, and whilst Noel has been a friend and colleague for several years, I cannot standby and ignore these allegations.
"Sexual harassment, abuse and bullying have no place in our industry. Every woman has the right to a safe workplace and moving forward I pledge my dedication to this."
Among the 20 women who have made allegations are Brotherhood producer Gina Powell.
She alleged he told her he planned to "f**k and fire her" before changing his mind and keeping her on board.
The producer, who worked with Clarke for three years between 2014 and 2017, also claimed the actor bragged about having secret films of naked auditions.
She alleged he once showed her a covert recording of a naked audition by Jahannah James, who starred in Brotherhood.
It comes after Bafta stripped his award for Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema, which he only received on April 10.
He had been made aware of the allegations before he appeared onstage at the Royal Albert Hall to collect the award.
The Guardian also reported Bafta had also been alerted 13 days before the ceremony – but said it was provided with "no evidence" that would allow it to investigate.
But the committee said today it "did not know about any allegations relating to Noel Clarke prior to the announcement of the OBCC award on 29 March".
Numerous women are reported to have broken their silence after the ceremony.
They allege Mr Clarke is a serial abuser and uses his power to prey on and harass female colleagues.
Mr Clarke said in a statement to the publication: “In a 20-year career, I have put inclusivity and diversity at the forefront of my work and never had a complaint made against me.
"If anyone who has worked with me has ever felt uncomfortable or disrespected, I sincerely apologise.
"I vehemently deny any sexual misconduct or wrongdoing and intend to defend myself against these false allegations.”
Through his lawyers, Clarke categorically denied every allegation that the publication put to him.
He allegedly accepts he once made inappropriate comments about one woman, for which he later apologised.
In a 29-page letter, his lawyers said he denies all of the other allegations.
Source: Read Full Article