NATALIA Dyer was shot to fame on Stranger Things – but a celebrity profile has taken its toll on the actress.
The star, who plays Nancy Wheeler on the Netflix hit, amassed a huge fanbase as the show rose to the top of the streamer's charts, but the increased scrutinty and expectations to share her life haven't been easy for her.
- The best thrillers on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors on Netflix
- The best true crime series on Netflix
During a candid interview with Elle, the 25-year-old admitted that she struggled to connect with fans on social media, despite their demands.
"I really don't find social media easy, almost increasingly so – everybody's different and some people are very good at it. And some people really enjoy it," she explained.
"For me, it kind of just seems like a lot of anxiety and asks a lot. I've always been very private," she went on.
"It's almost expected of the celebrity to have it and engage and it's just counterintuitive to my nature."
Dyer noted that there were times when she felt inclined to open up, but it was important that she had privacy and boundaries in her life.
"Sometimes there are times I really get into it, and then there are times like during this whole year where it's been very nice to not be there except for certain moments where I just want to be clear on where I stand and what I think," she concluded.
Dyer previously admitted one of her pet peeves was fans asking for photos with her but having no interest in proper conversation.
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
She said she now refuses selfies, with the only exception being young children.
Earlier this year Dyer complained that her younger co-stars had been 'oversexualised' since finding fame on Stranger Things.
On a more positive note, she claimed that coronavirus lockdown had actually been a 'blessing' for the show's writers, explaining that they were usually far more rushed to complete scripts.
Stranger Things seasons 1-3 are available to stream on Netflix now.
Source: Read Full Article